With nearly 40 years’ experience across several industries, Prime Products is a company that understands the changing needs of today’s manufacturing customers. While it’s important to offer a variety of primary and secondary production services, modern manufacturers must offer even more to set themselves apart from competitors.
Customers are seeking more than just a company that can create different products; they’re seeking a company that can offer support throughout the entire process — from the design stage to delivery of the final product. Customers need more than a contractor-for-hire — they need a partner.
The following five traits exemplify what separates good manufacturing partners from those that are truly great.
- A good partner will integrate their services with your company’s inventory system, but many offer rudimentary levels of support. Prime Products takes part in extensive inventory programs: our consignment program ensures products are shipped to you, or a third party of your choice, when you decide the time is right; and our vendor managed program lets the customer set their order quantities and fulfillment requests.
These programs enable customers to control the exact amount of products shipped to them, and the exact time of shipment as well — this helps reduce confusion and unnecessary waste.
- To manage customer inventory metrics, good partners utilize different programs that are moderately successful — Prime Products goes one step further with its scheduling agreement programs. Through your company’s ERP system, our customer service representatives can monitor inventory status, pull in, push out, and drop in requests, and production schedules.
Additionally, our representatives work diligently to determine future demand or if any expedite requests need to be met, and convey that information through your ERP online portal.
- As a partner, keeping tabs on informative customer documents is vital. At Prime Products, we make sure these documents are safely maintained until needed for reference. We utilize your company’s electronic data interchange (EDI) systems to acquire and organize documents such as order forms, technical drawings, customer-supplied paperwork, and others.
- The quality of manufactured products is important, as is successful delivery of those products. Many partners take on multiple orders and find themselves struggling to meet lead times. Prime Products maintains your ordering system to help you get ahead of schedule. Our team is capable of accepting several blanket orders at once, and with a simple email or a report document, customers can set their product delivery lines.
- When products are finally ready for shipment, many manufacturers turn to outside delivery companies. While it can be advantageous to use such a company, there can be disconnects between multiple parties that can lead to delays, and increased shipping costs.
Prime Products takes a more hands-on approach to product delivery; with our M1 business system, we can provide packing slips and labels tailored to your exact needs. Moreover, our team finds ways to consolidate your shipments whenever possible, reducing excessive freight costs.
By choosing Prime Products, your company gains a partner that always has your best interests in mind. Our dedication to our customers is unmatched in the aviation, aerospace/defense, and medical fields; these professionals rely on Prime Products to support their businesses on a daily basis.
For more information about our extensive contract manufacturing and customer support services, please contact us today.
- Learn How Prime Products Can Support You